The photo below shows the remains of the bridge on the antecedent to the present-day Route 36. The bridge crossed the north branch of Jennings Run, and was located just west of Frank Caler's store at Barrelville, Maryland. For a 1939 aerial photo of the area, click here. According to an 1804 road survey, the old Turkey Foot Road forded Jennings run in this general area. The photo was taken from the present bridge in 2009 by Mike McKenzie.
Return to the Korns family genealogy home page