Greenville Lutheran & Reformed Church Records
This photograph of the Greenville union church building is from the Rev. J. Earl Gindlesperger's 1941 book "The Wills Creek Charge".
The following links take you to records of the old Greenville Union Church in Greenville Township, Somerset County, Pennsylvania that was shared by Evangelical Lutheran & German Reformed congregations. Regarding the building, the Rev. J. Earl Gindlesperger's 1941 book "The Wills Creek Charge" states, "In the spring of 1848, plans were made for the erection of a union church building. From Jacob Diehl a site near the old schoolhouse was secured. The cornerstone was laid July 15, 1848 ... Both congregations continued to worship in the old union church until 1910, when the Lutherans withdrew to build a church for themselves across the road from the old church. The Reformed people purchased the Lutheran interest and continued to use the old church until July 3, 1913, when it was destroyed by fire of unknown origin."
May 3, 1854 Lutheran communion list (1,489 KB jpg)
May 23, 1858 Lutheran communion list (1,240 KB jpg)
May 24, 1863 communion list & May 23, 1863 new member list (1,323 KB jpg)
November 8, 1868 Lutheran communion list (1,195 KB jpg)
May 16, 1869 Lutheran & Reformed communion list (1,332 KB jpg)
May 21, 1871 Lutheran communion list & May 20, 1871 new member list (1,235 KB jpg)
The above five lists in a single file (3,818 pdf)
Nov. 26, 1871 Lutheran & Reformed communion list & Nov. 25, 1871 new member list (1,492 KB pdf)
October 27, 1872 Lutheran & Reformed communion list (1,238 KB pdf)
May 23, 1875 Lutheran communion list & May 22, 1875 new member list (1,309 KB pdf)
Go to the home page