According to the 1949 book "The Genealogy of Michael Korns, Sr. of Somerset County Pennsylvania", Michael Korns, Sr's daughter Mary Magdalene was born November 8th, 1785, died March 22, 1860 married John Beal, and had the following children:
- Jacob, born Jan. 16, 1809, died May 14, 1898, married Elizabeth Kemmer.
- Rebecca, born August 11, 1805, died Nov. 15, 1883, married John Sturtz.
- Elizabeth, married Daniel Lepley.
- Lydia, born May 20, 1810, died March 20, 1841, married Valentine Lepley.
- Christine, married Levi Uhl.
- Delilah, married Joseph Lepley.
- Susanne, married Daniel Bachman.
- Michael, married Ellen Underwood.
According to the book "A Clowes-Swanson Genealogy" by Lois Clowes Witherspoon, M.A., the April 16, 1786 Baptism of Mary Magdalene Korn, daughter of Michael and Susanna Korn, with Sponsors Christoph (Stoffel) Miller & Otilia, is on record at the Kirchenbuch Lutheran & Reformed Church, Leigh County, PA. Mrs. Witherspoon speculated that the Sponsor Otilia could potentially be Michael Korn Sr's mother. We may never know, but the 1786 baptism date was well after the death of Carl Korn.
Go to Korns Family Genealogy Home Page